Here it is:
1) When you walk into Barnes & Noble, you head directly to the Young Adult section.
2) You prefer teen movies/TV shows.
3) You buy ‘Seventeen’ the magazine. (Even if you’re, well, not 17.)
4) You eavesdrop on teenagers’ conversations when out in public.
5) You sneaked pictures of a young guy who reminds you of a character in your latest manuscript. (Yes, I did this. Read about it here.)
If you said yes to only one of these you’re a borderline addict. You like YA, but could easily choose something else.
If you said yes to three, you’re addicted, but it’s controllable.
If you said yes to all five, you’ve come to the right place. Take off your coat, pull up a chair and stay a while. We’re all friends here.
Can you think of any other things that should go on the Addicted to YA Checklist? Let me know in the comments.